Dojo/Flickr Image Gallery
I have written an Ajax image gallery built on top of Dojo Ajax Toolkit version 0.4.3. Some of its features include:
- Pages of thumbnails.
- Intelligent pre-loading of images so the images you are looking at are loaded first.
- Fade effects for transitioning of images
- Populated using JSON data.
- Flickr integration - remotely load your Flickr images.
- Paging through a Flickr collection.
Update: If you are using Dojo 1.0 or higher, see the rewritten Image Gallery widgets that I committed to the Dojo Toolkit. Check out my blog post at http://shaneosullivan.wordpress.com/2007/10/13/introducing-the-new-dojo-image-widgets
The sos.widget.ImageGallery has been written using Dojo version 0.4.3, and should work fine with version 0.4.2 also. I blogged about this here, please comment on that post if you have any feedback - bug reports, additions etc.
It is released as open source under the Academic Free License (see http://www.opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php), the same license as Dojo, meaning that you can do pretty much anything you want with the code as long as you leave my copyright statement at the top unmodified.
- For an example of instantiating the widget from HTML markup, and populating it with Flickr data, see here
- For an example of instantiating the widget programmatically, and populating it with Flickr data, see here
- For an example of instantiating the widget from HTML markup, and populating it with your own, non-Flickr, images, see here
- To view your own Flickr photos with the widget, without installing it on your own website, see here
- To embed your own Flickr photos on your website, without installing it on your own website, see here
You can view the latest source here.
Download the entire custom Dojo namespace here.