My main musical project is The Moral Majority, my band. I play the guitar, drums, bass and keyboards, sing, and write, program, record, and produce. I use software like Buzz and Aldrin (which I also contribute code to, sometimes).
In the past I've been in proper bands (ie with more than one person) as well.
I've finished four albums which are available to download:
- ¬¬ 'Desideratum' contains 13 songs and 1 instrumental. It's probably too long and varied for its own good.
- ¬¬ 'The Way' is all instrumental,
except for the track which contains the recitation about the little
piggies going to market. If you don't like instrumentals you won't
- ¬¬ 'A World Without Me' (2:57) is slow, "mysterious" (ha!), and available as a buzz file.
- ¬¬ 'A Partisan Phantasy' (5:46) is slow and ambient, with interacting musical processes rather than layered instruments.
- ¬¬ 'Put This In Your Propeller And Smoke It' (5:57) is fast. it's also available as a buzz file.
- ¬¬ 'The Way' (3:06) is watery.
- ¬¬ 'Inside The Mothership' (1:23) is good old-fashioned spaceship music.
'Hypnotise Me Again Please'
(4:04) was written to demonstrate how easy it is to write a song in 10 minutes in fruityloops. arranging the song and mastering it took forever though.
- ¬¬ 'Clearing The Decks'
contains 12 actual songs. It's more cohesive than the first two, and
- ¬¬ 'A Caveman Hymn' (1:00) is short and to the point. guitar and, unusually, live drums.
- ¬¬ 'Gutter Solo' (4:55) contains the best guitar solo i'll ever do, which is still not great, if you prefer well-executed solos with many, many notes.
- ¬¬ 'Cold Fusion' (4:05) is groovy. by my standards. clavichord, guitar solo, backing vocals.
- ¬¬ 'Vitamin Z' is zenlike industrial, more focussed and again better-produced than the others, but it's likely to give you a headache, so be careful.
Also, here are some new, unfinished synth tracks. Tell me your populist suggestions, as if I care.
If you listen to these tracks, or if you're interested in swapping cds (ie your original work for mine) please mail me.